Angel Falls, Roraima & Orinoco Delta 15 days | Latinamerica Journeys | Travel Design
Expedition Private / Group
Angel Falls, Roraima & Orinoco Delta 15 days
Explore three of the most fascinating unknown places of South Eastern Venezuela in a wonderful 15 days full of adventure, pristine rainforest, waterfalls, indigenous communities, wildlife and so much more. Start in Canaima National Park visiting the Auyantepuy region as you reach Angel Falls located in its heart, get the classic picture with the tallest waterfalls of the world behind you and get amazed by the spectacular table top mountains & dense jungle around. Roraima will really impress you and will demand effort to reach the top of The Lost World in our 6 days trek (we can make it in 7 days too) ; end your trip in the swamps of the Orinoco Delta surrounded by green and deep forest with interesting wildlife as Red Howler Monkeys, Toucans, Hoatzins, Caimans, Giant River otters, snakes among others, the Waraos communities will show you how they live out in the middle of nowhere. This is one of the most complete experiences you can ever take in Venezuela. At the end we can add a Caribbean beach stay for a relaxing time after this big adventure. See what can be added as an example in the Caribbean in the other itinery.
- Visit Canaima National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site with abrupt relief special and unique around the world, the table top mountain tepuis.
- Reach Angel Falls bottom, the tallest Waterfalls in the world with 979 meters of free fall in a superb river expedition surrounded by tepuis, jungle, waterfalls and much more.
- Enjoy the unique Jaspe Falls and its red stones, a place to never forget.
- Trek to the top and explore Roraima, the real Lost World of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Camp out in the middle of nowhere in one of the most bizarre places on earth.
- Get charmed by the swamps of Orinoco Delta, its wildlife, Warao indigenous communities living still primitive in one of the largest rivers of the world.
- Small groups of serious nature lovers.
- 3 top destinations of South America in one shot!
Day 1 Puerto Ordaz or Ciudad Bolivar.
Our tour departs from one of these cities, dinner and overnight at standard hotel in town.
Day 2.3.4 Angel Falls Expedition
Transfer to the airport and Flight Ciudad Bolivar- Canaima on day 2 at about 8am.
We will have a one hour flight by Cessna 206 to Canaima National Park with really nice views of the jungle, waterfalls and table top mountains, keep your camera ready!
We will start our River Expedition either on Day 1 or Day 2 to reach the bottom of Angel Falls, the tallest waterfall of the world; along the way we will find Pemon indigenous communities, cascades, deep rainforest crossing 2 different rivers known as Carrao and Churum.
Once we reach the bottom we will hike 3 kms to the view point to get sprayed by water and take pictures with the falls behind us. Overnight will be in hammock with the sound of crickets. We will return to Canaima Lagoon and join a boat trip to Sapo Falls after passing by 4 different waterfalls and hiking into the savannah.
Our overnight will be in comfortable bedrooms with private bathroom by Canaima Lagoon.
On Day 4 we will return to Ciudad Bolivar and drive to Upata for overnight at a local hotel.
Day 5 Gran Sabana- Santa Elena de Uairen
After breakfast we will drive about 600 kms down to the border of Venezuela and Brazil where we find Santa Elena de Uairen. In journey we will visit Kama Falls with nearly 100 meters of free fall and Jaspe Falls, we will get amazed by the unique red color of its stone.
Dinner and overnight at local posada, our guide will visit us for a short briefing to get ready for our trek next day.
Day 6 -Santa Elena- Parai Tepui – Tek River
We will drive from Santa Elena de Uairen to Parai Tepuy to hike nearly 14 hours and reach the first base camp located at 1050 meters above the sea level. Our guide and porters will set up the camp for a nice dinner in the foothill of Roraima. (5 hours hiking, all meals).
Day 7 -Tek River-Roraima base camp
Today we will hike 9kms to the base camp of Roraima located at 1850 meters above the sea level. Enjoy spectacular views of the walls of the mountain and enjoy a refreshing swim in the river nearby the camp. (about 5 hours hiking, all meals).
Day 8 – Roraima base camp to the top!
We will have a steep hike for about 3 hours (1,5 kms) through the jungle as we reach the top of The Lost World (2800 masl). Leisure afternoon to enjoy the fascinating views of the surroundings with its interesting rock shapes as result of 2 Billion years of erosion. Our following 2 nights will be in tents in one of the top cavities of Roraima.
Day 9- Roraima top
We will explore the top and reach the Crystal Valley where we find strange and beautiful quartz rocks, we will also see the Gran Sabana and Kukenan Tepui window enjoy a refreshing swim in the natural jacuzzi with red, sand and golden colors on its waters. We will relax and get ready for the descend of 7 hours.
Day 10 Roraima Top- Tek River camp
Today we will hike down 10,5 kms for about 7 hours to Tek river enjoying some of the last views of the walls of Roraima.
Day 11 Tek River – Santa Elena de Uairen
We will walk about 4 hours to Parai Tepuy where will be collected to get driven back to Santa Elena. Dinner and overnight in a comfortable posada with bedrooms and private bathroom.
Day 12 Santa Elena de Uairen- Ciudad Bolivar
We will drive about 750 kms with several stops along (more waterfalls, jungle, villages) the way to the capital city of Bolivar state for overnight at a local posada.
Day 13 Ciudad Bolivar -Orinoco Delta
We travel by road to the Uracoa pier and then by boat to our jungle lodge. The camp is located in the middle of the dense rainforest, on one of the many tributaries of the Orinoco river. From the comfort of your boat you can observe a wide variety of flora and fauna – water hyacinths, pink dolphins, giant river otters, anacondas, tortoises and red howler monkeys, etc. Along the riverbanks you will see Warao Indigenous villages with their unique raised dwellings (palafitos), built over the river’s edge.
Once under the canopy, your Warao guide will point out edible plants which you will get a chance to taste, or if your stomach is strong enough you can try the juicy grubs that can be found living in the dead trees and vegetation! When you return to the camp, you will relax before dinner. After a delicious dinner you will have the chance of enjoying the silence of the Orinoco river from the harbor of the camp.
Day 14 Orinoco Delta
The morning will take you into navigation the Orinoco river in search of various species that live there- among the highlights; there are river dolphins and spectacled caiman in the water, capuchin and red howler monkeys up in the dense foliage, hummingbirds and kingfishers in the skies above. Back to the camp for lunch, you will be taken on a boat trip to some of the Warao villages and palafitos that line the riverbanks in this part of Orinoco. Your guide will explain about Warao culture, and the flow of the community’s daily life –a truly fascinating experience. Here, we will have an opportunity to meet some of their craftsmen, and inspect some of their workmanship, first-hand. In the evening, you will be offered a hearty meal and maybe even a few beers or local Rum with Coca Cola! Night tours available at extra cost, ask your tour guide.
Day 15 Orinoco Delta – Puerto Ordaz
This morning you will be taken out to a quiet spot in the river to do some Piranha fishing and after lunch we travel by river one last time to Uracoa pier and drive up to Puerto Ordaz.
- Eleven (11) nights in bedrooms with private bathroom in standard lodges
- 4 nights in tents/ camping place
- All land, and boat transfers in the tours
- All meals as outlined in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides in all the different destinations
- Flights Ciudad Bolivar -Canaima NP -Ciudad Bolivar
- Airport and bus terminal taxes, allow US$ 20 per person
- Soft and alcohol drinks
- Gratuities to staff
- National Park fees in Canaima, allow US$ 20 per person
- Flights IN & Out Puerto Ordaz
- Extra overnights and/ or assistances before /after the itinerary
- Angel Falls: In rainy Season From May until January
- We will provide alternative excursions during the dry season
- Roraima: all year round, best during dry season.
- Orinoco Delta: All year round, best during dry season
- Join this trip all year round, even better during the dry season of Canaima National park between December and May.
- This tour can be shortened or even extended, ask us how!
- You don’t want to share your tent with another hiker? let us know!
- Departures every day.
- Only smalls groups of minimum 4 and maximum 8 participants
- We can arrange hotel accommodation in Caracas and Santa Elena de Uairen and flights IN & OUT, ask us about this.
- Santa Elena de Uairen IN & OUT? Very easy! We provide private transfers as optional with good and safe drivers.
The drive is 750 kms or 9 hours with several stops along the way with waterfalls, jungle, savannah, Pemon Villages and much more.
-Get more comfort by hiring your own private porter! Best to enjoy the hike at your pace.