Mexico roundtrip 25 days | Latinamerica Journeys | Travel Design
Private / Group
Mexico roundtrip 25 days
Day 01 Arrival Mexico City. Transfer to hotel
Day 02 City tour, visit anthropology museum Zócalo/ main square, cathedral, National Palace, murals Diego Rivera
Day 03 Visit Teotihuacan, Basilica de Guadalupe and Plaza de Tres Culturas Pyramids, Aztecs, catholisism
Day 04 Visit Coyoacan and Frida Kahlo museum, and Xochimilco, transfer to Taxco Art, colonial town within the city, boat ride/Mexican Venice, trajinera boats
Day 05 City tour Taxco, visit Cacahuamilpa grottos, transfer to Puebla Silver mining, cathedral Santa Prisca, grottos: largest in the world – 2km inside cave
Day 06 City tour Puebla, visit Cholula Talavera, mole/gastronomy, pyramid, Spanish conquest
Day 07 Transfer to Oaxaca, city tour Artsy, indigenous, gastronomy
Day 08 Visit Monte Alban, visit surrounding villages to get to know local handcrafts pyramids, woodwork, women weaving, barro negro, alebrijes, other handcrafts etc.
Day 09 Cooking class from a local Oaxaca chef including lunch, afternoon visit to a mezcal factory
Day 10 Visit Mitla, transfer to Tehuantepec another pyramid, also visit El Tule tree
Day 11 Visit coco bean plantation including workshop making a chocolate bar in the traditional way. Transfer to San Cristobal de las Casas
Day 12 Visit Sumidero canyon including boat ride. Afternoon at leisure Emblematic scenery, one of the largest canyons in the world
Day 13 Visit indigenous villages of San Juan Chamula and Zinacantan. Afternoon zipline experience Traditional indigenous villages, church in Chamula
Day 14 Transfer to Palenque via Agua Azul and Misol Ha waterfalls Waterfall with blue pools
Day 15 Visit Bonampak and Yaxchilan, overnight in cabañas at indigenous village. Optional night jungle walk Jungle, remote pyramids, indigenous people
Day 16 Jungle hike in the morning, return to Palenque after lunch local flora and fauna, many many waterfalls
Day 17 Visit Palenque archaeological site, transfer to Campeche. Huge site, very impressive, barely excavated covered by jungle
Day 18 City tour Campeche, visit to fort San Miguel Only walled city in Mexico, pirates
Day 19 Visit Uxmal pyramids, lunch with local Maya family, visit Loltun grottos, transfer to Merida
Day 20 Visit Celestun including boatride, afternoon city tour Merida flamingos
Day 21 Visit Izamal convent, yellow, Valladolid, cenote Dzitnup, transfer to Chichen Itzá
Day 22 Visit Chichen Itzá pyramids one of the new world wonders, transfer to Playa del Carmen
Day 23 Morning visit Tulum archaeological site Only pyramids at sea – swimming possible
Day 24 At leisure at the beach
Day 25 Transfer out to Cancun airport
Nature & cultural extension options in a roundtrip
Around Mexico City:
- Organize a day trip to the village of Tepoztlán, where you can climb to a lookout point (50-60 min, style up the mountain). The village itself is colonial and cozy.
- Visit to silver mining town of Taxco, including a visit to the Cacahuamilpa caves.
- The area here is suitable for hikes and mountain biking.
- Oaxaca is very well known for her different types of handicrafts. We can offer short workshops as well as visits to surrounding villages where different crafts are practiced.
- Oaxaca is a perfect place for a cooking class.
Around San Cristobal de las Casas:
- Not far from Tuxtla Gutierrez it is possible to visit a cocoa plantation. Here people learn about the production of cocoa, the history and the traditional way in which cocoa is processed. Optionally, a make-your-own-chocolate workshop can be linked to this.
- Mountain biking
- Visit to the Lagunas de Montebello - hiking, rowboat rental, etc.
- Adventurous excursions, such as abseiling, canopy
- The best place to enter the jungle (via Corozal). Possibility to stay in cabañas of the Lacandon Indians.
- Jungehikes, abseiling, rafting
- Visit to Yaxchilan and Bonampak
- And possibly travel to Flores / Tikal in Guatemala
Around Mérida / Campeche:
- Visit to Celestun and / or Rio Lagartos (flamingo colony), other flora and fauna (birds, crocodiles, etc)
- In the neighborhood of Uxmal we have an address where people can eat at home with a Maya family. They may also try to make a tortilla themselves
Cancun / Playa del Carmen:
- Very worthwhile are visiting the cenotes, diving and snorkeling excursions